Our Christian Religion
Jeremiah 31:34 For I will forgive their iniquity, and I will remember their sin no more.
Although the Christian Religion has divided into many denominations over the years, all of them agree on such fundamentals as the Bible, The Trinity, and the teachings of the Creeds. Most of the denominations that exist at present, developed since the Protestant Reformation.
Christianity was founded in the ministry of Jesus of Nazareth, early in the 1st century, 30-33AD, with his teachings, miracles, crucifixion and resurrection.
Today it is the largest religion in the world, with about 2 billion followers. Especially dominate in the western world, today's Christianity has a wide variety of forms, beliefs, and practices, but all center on faith in Jesus Christ our Lord and Saviour.
Within the Christian Religion, we believe that Jesus Christ was the Messiah that was written about within the prophecies in the Old Testament, The Son of God, True God and True Man, conceived by the Holy Spirit and born of the Virgin Mary. He came to earth as the Savior of man by taking the sin of man to a crucified death upon the cross. Three days later Jesus rose from the dead and days later Ascended into Heaven and is seated at the right hand of God the Father Almighty, and will come again on the final days to judge all people.
In 386 Augustine also converted to the Christian Religion. For the next 600 years there was great conflict between the Eastern and Western churches, resulting in the Great Schism in 1054 that led to separate groups recognized today as The Orthodox and Roman Catholic churches.
The next key event in Christian History takes place approximately 1517, when Martin Luther wrote his 95 Theses, which challenged some of the practices within the Catholic Church, significantly rejecting the validity of indulgences. Martin Luther taught justification by faith alone, authority of scripture alone, because of Christ alone, which was in direct conflict of the churches doctrines of indulgences.
"This Righteousness from God comes through faith in Jesus Christ to all who believe." Rom 3:22
The Protestant Reformation that followed resulted in several churches separating from papal authority.
The essential beliefs that emerged through the Protestant Reformation eventually were summarized in what is named the Five Solas or five Latin phrases. These five phrases in English translate to; by Grace alone, by faith alone, by Scripture alone, by Christ alone, and Glory to God Alone. They were intended to show how authorities of the Catholic Church had distorted the message of justification before God and salvation in Jesus Christ.
The Christian Religion does believe that the Bible is the inspired, infallible Word of God.
1 Thessalonians 2:13: "For this cause also thank we God without ceasing, because, when ye received the word of God which ye heard of us, ye received it not as the word of men, but as it is in truth, the word of God, which effectually worketh also in you that believe."
A great option for your
- Your salvation is a free gift from your heavenly Father,
- God's saving grace gives you salvation when you confess your sins.and believe in his Son Jesus Christ.
- The Many Bible Promises of God Can Answer Any of Our Daily Problems
- The Living, Active Word of God, will speak to us, no matter what situation we are in. The Bible Promises are God's Living Word For Our Life's Trials
- How We Got the Bible, Some Bible Facts
- For Christians, the Bible is considered the written Word of God. Inspired by God, but written by human beings with divine assistance.
- The Old Testament is both Ancient History and Future Prophecy.
- The Old Testament, written by Israelites, prophets themselves, stresses the specialrelationship between God and his chosen people, Israel.
- The New Testament is Why the Bible is called the Good News.
- It took over 300 years for church leaders to agree on which books to put in the New Testament. The "Good News" was decided on in AD 397.
- Jesus Christ is the Lord and Savior and the only way to Heaven
- Your short time here on earth is the tiniest of specks compared to life eternal, and Jesus Christ is your only way.
- A group of 12 Apostles commissioned to spread the Good News.
- The 12 Apostles were handpicked by Jesus well in advance. I believe that they were all predestined to be one of Jesus’s Disciples, selected by Him to change the world.
- Understanding the Parables of Jesus
- Learn what the hidden, religious messages were in the many Parables of Jesus.
- The Power of Prayers is Very Evident in Everyday Life.
- Your prayers are your connection to a loving God that wants to guide you through your daily walk and answer your prayers and needs.
- Weekly Articles to share the message of God's Love.
- Weekly articles for sharing God's word. Would you like to contribute an article?
- Bibles, Books, Devotionals, The Christain Book Store
- The Christian Book Store has many Bibles, devotionals, study Bibles at great savings.
- Bible Stories for Children
- "Whoever receives one child like this in My name receives Me; and whoever receives Me does not receive Me, but Him who sent Me."
- Childrens games based on the Bible.
- Bible based children games for fun and Bible learning.
- Children Activites, Coloring pages, and word games, mazes
- Christian Children Activities are a good resource for feeding the eager minds of children with the Love of Jesus and Stories of our Awesome God.
- Word Puzzles, Mazes are great games long trips.
- Word puzzles, mazes are great to take along on a trip, or to give the children something to keep them entertained on a cold rainy day.
- Martin Luther famously posted his 95 theses and changed Christianity
- Martin Luther, the foremost Protestant reformer, interpreted certain passages in the Bible to mean God's grace alone, and not good works, served as a source of salvation through faith.
- Protestantism was the formation of many denominations following the reformation.
- Protestantism emerged from out of the Religious revolutions of the early 1500's
- Lutheran Church History, Growth, Beliefs
- From its beginning in 1517, when Lutheranism separated from Catholicism, following the Reformation, The Lutheran Church has Grown into one of the largest Protestant Denominations.
- The Catholic Church Considers the Disciple Peter Their Very First Pope.
- The history of the Catholic Church accounts for the emergence of
- The Orthodox Church was established by Jesus and his Apostles
- The tradition of the Orthodox Church claims an unbroken Apostolic
- The Anglican Church also rejects authority of Rome
- The Anglican Church allows its members to accept or reject the Catholic doctrines of Mary
- The Methodist Church is amoung the largest Protestant denominations in the US.
- The Methodist Church was founded by John Wesley and places a strong emphasis on repentance, individual faith, and responsibility for the betterment of society at large.
- The Adventist Church is a Protestant denomination coming from the Methodists.
- The Adventist practice of worship on the Sabbath Honors the Sabbath commandment which forms the center of the moral law as the seal of God's authority.
- Baptist History shows a heavy emphasis on the importance of being "born again".
- Baptist History is rich with many varieties and traditions. Baptists insist that baptism, to be valid, must be a conscious adult choice with full acceptance of Jesus as one's savior.
- The Congregational Church is the people of God living as Jesus’ disciples
- The Congregational Church began as an illegal house church in England in 1607, and was forced into exile, later to emerge in USA
- The Presbyterian Church is the Largest doctrinally conservative church.
- The Presbyterian Church was founded with the vision of a church governed
- The Pentecostal Church believes in one Creator and Lord of all
- The Pentecostal Church is the body of Christ, in which the Holy Spirit dwells, where the church body meets to worship God.
- Share your knowledge or experience!
- Everyone is blessed with some knowledge that others might need.
- Take a 30 day challenge that WILL change your life.
- A 30 day challenge of Christian Music from K LOVE will make a differnce in your life.
- Other Christian Websites With Great Spiritual Resources
- More good Christian Resources, All With a Focus to Build Your Faith
- Christian Religion Blog
- Topics on Christianity. Enjoy our Article Archive. We invite your original articles.
- Other Beliefs from Religions Around the World
- For thousands of years, Religious Beliefs have caused more conflict than any other issue. There is no reason for this conflict, if there is Religious Freedom in the world. Respect the other beliefs
- 2012, That Mayan Prediction, Here is the Final Word on That.
- The world coming to an end in December 2012? I don't think so! Here is a more reliable word.
- Judaism history flows from the line of Abraham and Isaac
- The Judaism history gives them the strong belief in the covenant that was formed between Abraham and God, that they are the chosen people of Israel.
- Islam has many parallels with both Judaism and Christianity.
- Islam focuses relentlessly on the importance of preparing for the afterlife by submitting to the will of Allah. Those who succeed will be granted entry to Paradise. This life is just a test.